For years, Sugar Creek Orthodontics has been dedicated to setting the standard for exceptional patient care, expertise, and excellence. We've built a legacy of trust, crafting not just beautiful smiles but lasting relationships.
Orthodontist in Bloomington, IL
Since Dr. Betsy Ulrich, D.D.S., M.S. founded Sugar Creek Orthodontics in 2001, our aim has been to help patients get beautiful, healthy smiles. We have done just that for countless children, teens, and adults. We are proud to say our efforts have made us a destination in Central Illinois for quality orthodontic care.
We offer a wide range of braces and clear aligners. Beyond these things, you can turn to us for retainers, palatal expansion, phase I orthodontics, various treatments for impacted teeth, and assistance with tooth extraction and orthognathic surgery. No matter the appliance or procedure, we use high-quality materials, state-of-the-art technology, and safe and effective treatment methods. We consistently provide excellent care and results people cannot help but smile about.
Schedule a free consultation to find out how we can help you. During this initial visit, you can speak with our professional team about your child’s orthodontic needs or your own. Do you feel nervous about visiting an orthodontist? You do not have to worry at our office. We strive to create a comfortable and inviting atmosphere. From the moment you walk through our doors, we believe you will know choosing us was a great decision.
Start with our Bloomington orthodontist by calling (217) 769-8089 or reaching out online. We look forward to serving you!
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Is it about time you saw an orthodontist for your child’s smile? The American Association of Orthodontics (AAO) suggests that all children should receive an orthodontic examination by age seven. This is because early intervention can simplify orthodontic treatment by corresponding with your child’s natural growth processes.
Are you an adult looking to get the smile you have always wanted? Our Bloomington orthodontist serves patients of every age and would be glad to make your dream smile a reality. Whatever your reason for wanting to see an orthodontist, schedule a free consultation to start with us.
Local Orthodontist with a Wealth of Experience
After caring for and treating patients for over two decades, Dr. Ulrich is an orthodontist you can trust. She has the experience and skills that only come with time, and patients today benefit greatly from what she has to offer. She has helped many in Bloomington, Lincoln, Normal, and the nearby areas get life-changing results.
Additionally, Dr. Ulrich and our office staff understand that anything from getting braces to undergoing surgery can be stressful and even scary. That is why our whole team works hard to put patients at ease. We adhere to all safety guidelines, keep patients informed about the purpose of our treatments and what they entail, and do everything possible to make receiving care comfortable.
What should you do in an orthodontic emergency?
In the event of an orthodontic emergency, remain calm and take immediate action:
- Assess the situation and determine the severity of the issue. If a wire is poking or causing discomfort, try using orthodontic wax to cover the sharp end.
- Contact us immediately for guidance. We can provide specific instructions for what to do and schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
What can you or your child expect from orthodontic treatment?
The experiences patients have with orthodontic treatment are always unique. However, there are some general things people who turn to us can expect.
Your First Visit
We love first visits at our office because they are a time for us to meet new patients and begin developing a plan to transform their smiles. You can expect your initial appointment to last about an hour.
During this time, we will:
- Take photographs of existing teeth and x-rays to identify potential issues.
- Potentially take impressions of the teeth. Doing so gives a replica of the bite, which can provide direction for what problems our treatment should address.
- Examine all the information we have gathered and ask questions regarding difficulties with eating or unexplained jaw noises.
- Finalize our treatment plan and present it. You or your child may not even need treatment right away. In this case, we will likely suggest following up with us later. If immediate treatment would be best, we will detail what you need and the timeline for it. We will also explain our fees and discuss payment plan options.
- Leave ample time for you to ask questions or raise concerns. We know that orthodontic treatment might be new, and you could feel overwhelmed. Do not worry. Our team will gladly take the time to explain everything so you can feel confident moving ahead.
What are the signs your child needs to see an orthodontist?
Some common signs include:
- Protruding teeth
- Teeth that are crowded together
- Teeth erupting out of position
In addition to these, there are other less obvious signs:
- Frequent mouth breathing
- A habit of cheek or palate biting
- Speech difficulties
- Thumb sucking that goes past age three or four
- Teeth not meeting properly when the mouth closes
- The jaw making a sound or shift as it moves
If your child exhibits any of these signs, do not hesitate to contact us. We would gladly set up a free consultation to assess what type of orthodontic treatment could benefit them.
We build lasting relationships by caring for our patients long after their orthodontic journey.
Offering top-notch orthodontic care with skilled experts staying updated on the latest advancements.
Dedicated to personalized care, ensuring every patient feels valued, listened to, and involved in their treatment journey.
We're dedicated to creating a relaxed and welcoming environment, ensuring your comfort is at the center of your experience.
“Worth the 40 minute drive” Rachel R.
Get to Know Our TeamExperience the difference in orthodontic care with our friendly team.
Dental HygieneLearn how to maintain good dental hygiene during orthodontic treatment.
Before and After PhotosExperience the difference! View our stunning before and after transformations.
Grow Up Smiling ProgramBenefit from professional orthodontic guidance, yearly checkups, and ensure your child's confident smile.