Tooth Extraction in Bloomington, IL
Tooth extractions are sometimes an essential part of orthodontic care. This page explores why you or your child might need this procedure and how it benefits various orthodontic treatments. For 20+ years, Sugar Creek Orthodontics has helped countless people better their smiles through tooth extractions in Bloomington. To start with us, schedule a free consultation today.
What Is Tooth Extraction?
Oral surgeons and dentists perform tooth extractions. The process typically involves numbing the area, loosening the tooth, and gently removing it from its socket in the jawbone. This procedure can solve problems with tooth decay and infection.
Tooth Extraction & Orthodontic Care
The primary focus of orthodontic treatment is aligning teeth and correcting bite issues. At times, this requires tooth extraction.
Our orthodontist may recommend this procedure for reasons including:
- Crowding: Extracting one or more teeth can create space in an overcrowded mouth. This can prevent problems with misaligned or overlapping teeth and make it possible to achieve a proper bite.
- Protrusion: Protruding teeth can affect a smile’s aesthetic and functionality. Extracting them can bring the remaining teeth back into alignment, easing functional issues and creating a more balanced appearance.
- Bite corrections: Misaligned teeth can cause an overbite or underbite. A strategic extraction can guide the rest of the teeth into better positions and remedy bite issues.
- Impacted teeth: Impacted teeth can cause pain, discomfort, infections, and other complications. Orthodontists can work with oral surgeons who will extract an impacted tooth as part of orthodontic treatment.
Benefits of Tooth Extractions in Orthodontic Treatment
We get it: the idea of tooth extraction is far from appealing.
However, it is important to understand extractions have significant benefits, including:
- Enhanced Confidence: Because extractions align teeth, they can also enhance facial symmetry. In turn, this can boost confidence and allow a person to speak and smile without worry.
- Stable & Long-Lasting Results: Extractions can support various orthodontic treatments. We have used extraction to improve the effectiveness of braces and more, providing patients with stable and long-lasting results.
- Limiting Health Issues: Extractions remove bad teeth that could cause various oral health problems. This can alleviate pain and discomfort and eliminate issues compromising a smile’s strength and beauty.
Call (217) 769-8089 or connect with us online. We proudly serve Bloomington, Lincoln, Normal, and the surrounding areas.
Consult Our Team at Sugar Creek Orthodontics Today
Our skilled orthodontist at Sugar Creek Orthodontics can help you determine whether an extraction is necessary for your child’s orthodontic treatment or your own. To get the information you need, schedule a free consultation. We are eager to serve you.
Call (217) 769-8089 or send a message online to discuss tooth extraction in Bloomington.
“Worth the 40 minute drive” Rachel R.
“My daughter always felt comfortable at all of her visits and her treatment ended up being even better than we all anticipated” Amy M.
“My son has been a patient of Dr Betsy for several years. He had some massive issues with severe underbite and other things. Dr Betsy's work not only corrected his orthodontic issues but gave him confidence.” Jessica L.
Schedule a free consultation to find out how we can help you. During this initial visit, you can speak with our professional team about your child’s orthodontic needs or your own.